Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What's for Lunch?

I don't care, you decide.

... but I just asked, because ... okay. Nevermind, then.

Let's get Arby's! but I don't like Arby's.
What about McDonalds? - gives a knowing stare -
Chipotle? I wanna make it to dinner. I lose self control at Chipotle.
Wanna grab a beer? No. but, ask me again around 3, and I'll pretend that I'll need to wait til 5 to have one.

How about something that's closest and cheapest to where I work?
 

YEAH!!! ... but don't bring (you know who) because they never know when to shut their mouths and eat. God, I hate them.
 

 
This called for a Monte Cristo sandwich. Since I don't have a nearby Cheddars (they have some bomb Monte Cristos) and also, am watching my waist-line (or whatever) I decided to do a home version.
 
 
 
Alright. Where's the jump off? Apricot jam.
 
 (My Nonnie always made me buttered toast with apricot jam when I went to stay with her during the summer. We were both grown ups sitting at the kitchen table, drinking coffee, making toast, and eating our spreaded jam.)
 

MUSTRID! I mean, mustard. Next up, is mustard. Apricot + Mustard + Hellmans mayo is my spread.

Hamburger buns $.99 on the clearance rack at Smith's Grocery. They're squishy. Next time, if I wanted to play money bags - I'd splurge for Hawaiian Rolls - and then maybe make little sliders or huge/tall stacked gobbles. Next time, tho.

Alright! Now we got the vehicle, the grease, and the engine flare (the apricot jam, remember? still with me. good) -

Keeping with the Monte Cristo sandwich theme - I knew I needed ham, Velveeta Cheese (one slice only) and that extra sumpin. Which just so happens to be (of the moment) Asiago Cheese.

ASSEMBLE!
 
 
 

Microwave for however long you pleas(e). I knew 16 seconds would do the job. Me and my microwave have gotten to know each other over the past 2 years or so.
 


ex-squeeze me. I feel I must mention the unmentionable - Um, I didn't know I wanted a tomato until after I took a bite of my sandwich. - A taste test, if you will. I just know what I like to eat is all. Also, I know that I'm married - but you need to know that Jason and I have very different food preferences. So, it's almost like I'm a short order cook - cooking things for him AND for myself. It could be laughed about and joked about and whatevers - I just really like to cook is all. And I love talking about food - so if you ever feel tongue tied around me, just start talking about food and how you cook & then shut up about it if you want me to go away. But I'll still  be here waiting, for ya! :-)





The picture above is where I put the salt. I took a pic for proof & to show you.


Anywho! Finishing touches: a dusting of powdered sugar on the sandwich. On the side (ots) a sliced tomato drizzled with oil of my choice. Sprinkle of salt and a grind of black pepper. VOILA!


The end. Now. What's for supper?

No comments:

Post a Comment