Thursday, May 15, 2014

My Lunch & Jason's Lunch and how they converge and other scientific study equations.

Lunch with me and Jason.

Take a look.


NOT SO FAST! or. Hold up, please for a second. Please excuse the state of my stove top. If it bugs you that much - I dunno. Come over here and clean it for me. Or. I don't know. I guess I just don't know how to be polite about it.

Any-whos-see-whats-sseees.

Jason didn't want my turkey burger suggestion. I offered him pasta, and he bit at that. The rest is history.


Pasta water pot. Filling it up. Dashed to grab the pasta.

Made it back just in the knick of time. No spillage. Marvelous!
I wrote down (or jotted down after eating) as much as I could do and in what order I did them, but gets a little harry in the kitchen when you've got an iPhone, raw turkey, a hungry stomach, a light head, and whatever other excuse I could make up or come up with in the book about.

But, like I told you. I did my best at remembering.

Pasta water set, covered, and over high heat to bring to a boil. Form the meatballs. I thought 8 was a perfect number, so I gave Jason 9 for good luck. I told you I was a romantic, didn't I? This is the part where Mom would tell me to wash my hands. Have your pan preheated over medium flame and 1Tbl of oil or fat of your choosing. I chose EVOO. That's my favorite brand of extra virg olive oil as of now. I know they say not to cook with the "good" oils - but that's just what I hear. I know that it lends nice flavor if the heat is gentle.

Alright on to my burger. I set my English Muffin to toast. It really doesn't matter the brand you use, I just prefer the "nooks and crannies" because it soaks up the left over juice without getting soggy. I also like the size and shape of it for a burger - also the outside is pretty soft but a little gritty/grainy which is good to me.
Here's a look at that: in no particular order -
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

MY BURGER! I love you burger. You're my friend. Until I eat and fully digest you. Cheers. Here's looking at you.

 
 
Ok guys. This is huge. "Secret is in the sauce" and that my friend. That saying is true as the day is long and the wind is gray. I mean, anyways. The secret is truly in the sauce. I'm going to show you mine. Close ups. and then I'm gonna show you pictures of "getting sauced."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

ITSA WILD! Wild and crazy kids.

Okay, nuff clowning around for now. back to my Burger.
 
Check out my super cool Salamander professional toaster my Grandma Weinbrenner let me have.
 
 
Don't forget about these knobs. They help you control your heat, cook time, end result, and they're basically your adjustables. - much like the handles and pot holders for your pans and heat transfer. Also, not to mention your serving spoons, sauce spoons, fork taste tests, spatulas, knives, and anything else you might want to need to have or whatevs. You get the gist.

 
I seared off the meatballs for 5min. scooted them around. Waited for the pasta to be done. The package said 11-12min. for al dente. That particular brand though, I know takes an extra 3-4min. for our taste (or at least Jason's)

By that time it was ready to flip my burger.

There was some my-noooot stickage due to the caramelization of the tomato paste and melty cheese. This is a good thing tho. It gives complexity and I dunno. It's just good. I added water to release what I could with steam.

 
 
 

When I flipped my burger, I tried to do the deglazing she-bang thing and cover with a lid quickly to trap the steam and lock in flavor. After I tended to Jason's lunch - I check the water level and saw I needed a wee more. And then by the end of it, I'd added too much water - so I ended up pouring the excess out. Saving some behind for my bun.
Onto the finishing Jason's lunch:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Now for my burger. ASSEMBLE!
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Alright finishing touches. Then time to eat & dig in. Mouth first.
 
 
 
WHEW! Hell of a lunch. I'm tired now. ZzZzzz. See you @ breakfast or snack time. Til then: Tomorrow IS FRIDAY! Fridays always throw me for a loop as far as "what to cook" goes. I'll most likely blog about how to clean/season a cast iron pan. Also how to not throw away a non-stick pan that once was covered in Teflon but has been scraped of what it was bought for - but can be turned into another type of pan that is still just as useful. Or just throw it away. Toodles! Beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment