Thursday, May 22, 2014

a Pea and Romaine side

Dear. Jack and Diane,

I know John Mellencamp wrote you two a song already. But I just. I feel like I need to remind you, ya know - in case you forget. That.  Jack and Diane

You could have one without the other. But why would you want to?! Ya, know? You know what I'm saying.

P.S. this is from me.
 
Romance & Chivalry is/are not dead

Side salads is so summer. And we all love a side salad, at least I do anyways. My fave is pasta salad, usually. Anyways, here's how the side salad to Jason's steak dinner special went behind the scenes. (pre Jason belly digestion)
 
started out with frozen peas. I defrosted in a espresso cup my sis Z bought me
 
Mike
 
gather
 
don't forget abouts
 
season
  
dump
 
cheese sprinkles
 
now to dress
 
start
 
wait and think
 
based my salty factor off of canned olive juice. I would drink this juice when I was little. Disgusting, I know.
 
Jason was getting on my nerves right then. I remember because I smashed the garlic super hard. And I liked what I saw when I flipped the knife over. Also, no shooting garlic happened - a typical happening when I usually try and act like Rachael Ray having fun smashing her garlic. Or something like that.
 
lemon juice and heavy cream is a popular choice for me too
 
check out my teeny whisk. I love it.
 
"Could you point me in the direction to the wwwwhisk." - Arthur Spooner King of Queens
 
avert your eyes Mom. I added an egg yolk. It was one of my John Mull eggs, if you care to know
 
adding raw egg is a choice. If you want a similar hue or extra lusciousness flavor - add Dijon mustard or a pinch of turmeric. Or not! It really is all up to you.
 
I waited to dress and toss the salad (get your mind outta the gutter) just before serving. The French say to toss a salad 33x or until perfectly evenly coated. Mario Batali says fuck the French. I dunno. whatevs. (scuse my French - pun!)
 
I'm a Nigella Lawson fan. If my blogs echo that - or it seems like I'm copying her - I'm glad. She's a plumpy lumpy that I like. Plus her style is so elusive and tank. look her up. & other salad ideas:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment