Thursday, May 22, 2014

Steak Dinner for that "Special" Someone (and/or body)

 
 
"Smile! You're on candid camera!"
 
Remember that steak supper I talked about on FaceBook? (Yes you do. Don't act like you don't FaceBook stalk. Stalker stalkington. "DOORMAN!" - "Let's get some fucking FRENCH Tooooast"

Anywho. Maybe you didn't. But anyways -

Jason and I BBQed Saturday. Jason did the brisket the way he saw fit. He's a good/nice guy so he wanted me to help him out, have fun, exceterras and so forths. (spell check that for me)

After trimming the fat - I went back through it. I found a few scraps that I made stew out of for Max. He's a boxer and his mouth doesn't take well to hard/scratchy foods. Also, Penny's stomach can't handle it & Vada hogs everything. So I like to make something special for him when I can.

I also found a tenderloin looking thing.
 
 
sometimes, you just need a trimmed slice
 
I saved it for later. I mean, I knew I was going to save it for later. For what? I didn't know. But I "set it up for success" (success meaning no spoilage - put a lid with 3 little feet to raise & allow airflow/circulation)
 

After this, I covered the rectangular dish with its own lid.
 
2 days later, I was ready for it. It wasn't ready for me tho. It's been cold for 48+/- hours. I set it out, taking care to keep up with the air-drying/circulation type of thing. It's hot here in North Las Vegas now and flies are EVERYWHERE. I hate them. I channeled my inner Twilight dweebness and stuck garlic underneath. Also put cut onion leaves on either side and on it to ward off evils. (evils meaning flies and unwanted oxidation/mold 'potent'ional. (pun!)
 
 
 
I let it set out, (all day) which in this case means: 6-8hrs in 78 degree A/C controlled heat. Outside it was around 90 degree farenheit. (when I talk about weather - just assume I'm referring to farenheit unless otherwise specified.)

Seasoning time! I use McCormick Texas SmokeHouse BBQ spice (costs$1 at Walmart & most grocery stores). That's (McCormick Texas SmokeHouse BBQ seasoning) Jason's (and my) favorite rub for steaks. We always add a little more salt and pepper, because it lacks salt. Which is good, because Food Network has brain washed me that controlling salt is always a good thing.
 

sprinkle/rub a lub of seasoning, salt, and oil - and any extra zips you want to add
 
rub
 
I chose a salad for Jason's side. I was out of potatoes and - yah. I'll post how to make this.
 
read about it later on if you'd like, ever wish, so desire, pleases, you
 
lids and controlling steam is underrated
 
don't forget to adjust your heat and those handy dandy knobs
 
this was just in the pan
 
opted to use a cast iron to sear and cook with. I didn't set off the smoke alarms (this time) because once all sides were seared and smoking - I deglazed (or added liquid) and immediately walked the pan outside to breathe. This isn't a mentionable when you grill outside, because - HELLO you're outside. No smoke alarms. Still don't play with fire. Don't ask why, you'll figure it out.
 
dinner is served. Mad-muh-o-zelle (or sometimes I call him Jason)
 
How does that saying go? One and done? Something like that. Be on the look out for my salad post. I'd appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment