Thursday, May 22, 2014

12:00 Drink Time

Favorite non-alcoholic Sodas/suds/pop/coke/sodapops are:

Reed's Extra Ginger Ginger Beer
IZZE Grapefruit & Clementine
Shasta Ginger Ale
Clear Canadian Black Cherry (I rarely find this brand anymore)
Small batch brewed Root Beers are always a fave

These are just the ones bought at the grocery store. Fountain drinks are a whole other ball game.

Anywho, this is a rough recipe for a tasty drink in my book for lunch or a special occasion. (Maybe baby shower? or have an uptight Grandma coming round for suppertime? or somehow you find yourself balls deep in convo with a Jehovah's Witness and suddenly you want to be polite and offer them a refreshing beverage?)

Or do like I did, and just do it for yourself's lunchtime.
 
little Guava juice, some Seagram's Ginger Ale, the juice & cut of one lime
 
mango, apricot, grapefruit, pomegranate, and/or orange juice would be decent substitutions.
or do a "suicide" like I did at Mazzios (spell check that) Pizza or CiCi's Pizza -when I was little- and combine them all by adding a little of this and that, but including them all
Orange would be a nice sub for the lime - (aka citrus) There's a lime epidemic shortage going on apparently.
 
straw me.

Favorite snack of choice these days: Unsalted Roasted in-Shell Peanuts. May have something to do with my innate fascination with the circus and its charm and desolate magic/promise of sadness. Mystery and poetry with elephants and weird people. Yay.

Add booze if you want to this drink - but that's a gimme I felt I needed to mention. People need to know these things, folks. BUT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO, THEN DO NOT! It's just a lunchtime drink. Don't overthink it. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment