Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Penny

 
 

My YouTube channel & the Story of Penny. My heart.

I'm not sure why I wanted Penny. I didn't even know her name back then. I joked I was going to name her raisin. After I ran that thought by the Westberrys - Mika's eyes got a little big. Jason(W)paused and said - "Uh. Yah you might wanna rethink that one." (I secretly still wanted her name to be raisin.)

I'm glad I chose Penny. I remember I almost named her Heidi - a friend's previous dog. But I'm glad I didn't do that either because I wanted Penny to be an original name. I struggled with it though because it sounded a lot like "Denny" - who is my bro-in-law. But then I said uck it. And named her Penny. (after about 2 weeks of name testing - that's 14 days or approximately 1/2 a month - not counting February)

Funny fact: My Nonnie's dog (Tigger) died. She got another dog, same breed - and named it: Tigger2

This is so wrong to me & erks my Mom - but Nonnie does what she does and does not give a hot-hooty about it. Gran reaps most of this flack. He's a big feller. I used to be scared of him when I was little. In the 4th or 5th grade - I went to stay with them for a week in the summer - by myself. Lindsey stayed behind. She always had a better social life than me. (wah - haha) But anyways - I remember Gran liked to eat raw onion. Nonnie would slice him some and serve in a dish on the side, just for him.

This was totally disgusting to me. Years later, I will always think of Gran as "Shrek" He looks and talks scary to some people - even annoying as all hell - but I'm his favorite. And I think it's because I learned how to be his friend. And him mine. - That's a story about Nonnie and Gran. (My Mom's mom and her (Nonnie's) husband she (again Nonnie) married for companionship. He's 10 years younger? Something like that.)

But yah. Any Asian ju-ju flare I get it probably from Nonnie. She had an Uncle, but that's a whole other story.

Also! People have favorites. Don't let them lie to you. Even parents. (gasps) Yah that's right I said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment