Thursday, April 12, 2012

Frittata - Revisited

True story. Sometime eight years ago, I went through a "classic rock" phase. I stole a couple of my Dad's Led Zeppelin and Rolling Stones albums. After only listening to them once, I all of sudden felt as if I was a born and bred 60's love child. The same can be said about my "frittata" phase, that was so publicly lived out thanks to this blog. (Click HERE to read that entry) While I'm sure I'll go through a bunch more phases in my lifetime like those two (and no matter how embarrassing they are to look back on), they are fun at the time... and you can learn something from them. So what did my "frittata" phase teach me? A few things. One: If I have eggs, a non-stick skillet, and leftovers, then I've got a frittata. Two and Three: The same thing any phase teaches me. It will eventually pass. Whatever you learn will naturally stick, so don't worry about taking anything from it. (Except for my Dad's stolen albums. I still have those.)

Ingredients:
1Tbl EVOO or butter
2 Eggs
Leftovers

Directions:
Preheat a non-stick skillet w/oil or butter over medium heat. Whisk eggs. Add eggs directly into the fat. Season w/S&P. Cover for 2 min. Uncover and add fillings. Flip entire mixture over. Cook 30sec.

True to form, I have two versions of a frittata that I've made as of late.

The first version is made with mixed greens and cheddar.

This version is made as per directions. The only change I've made is that I flip a half onto itself. Then I proceed on with specified directions.









Plate up.



The second variation is made with leftover spaghetti, grated parmesan, and sliced black olives.

This version is made as per directions. The only changes I've made is that I add the fillings to the whisked eggs, and I top with grated parm and mixed greens. Otherwise I proceed on with specified directions.







Plate up.
Sprinkle w/parm.


Optional: Top with mixed greens.


Cook's Notes

To flip:
Slide the almost cooked frittata onto a plate. Cover the plate with the pan.


Flip the pan and plate over simultaneously so that the uncooked top is now facing down toward the heat of the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment