Thursday, June 12, 2014

Bagel Bite Remix

I said I'd blog and post later, so that's what I did! This was Jason's dinner a few days ago. I had ground turkey to use up, and we wanted to stay home and eat. Jason likes bagel bites - the ones you buy in the freezer section. I tried to mirror that idea - I had originally offered spaghetti with turkey meatballs or a turkey burger. He didn't seem too enthused about either option. (J usually never gets too excited about breakfast lunch or dinner. He's SO weird) - anyways - the people pleaser in me, decided to make him opened faced turkey burgs.

I seasoned the meat with asiago cheese, ketchup, Worcestershire, a little dried thyme, and garlic powder. Also, salt and pepper.

I deglazed the pan with water. Added too much and poured it out. Then I added cream to mask any bitter or messed up flavor.
 
 
salamander
 
steamed
 
douse
 
psyche test: What do you see?
 
cover to keep warm
 
rubbed the English toasted muffins (post-toast) with a cut home grown tomato.
 
naked
 
happy home
 
underneath there is usually sauce. this is my homemade marinara.
 
double trouble
 
I topped each burger with a slice of Provolone. And I was sure to scrape any brown creamy sauce on top of the burgers. You know what they say: Devil is in the Detail(s)
 
Ready to broil
 
Broiling
 
shredded Asiago
 
Dinner for Jason: Coming right up!
 
what Jason looks like sometimes
 
Suppa-Time!

Ingredients Used:

Engrish English Muffin (costs $1.39 for Smith Grocer Price)
Giada-esque HomeMade Marinara done by me.
Provolone (2 for $5)
Ground Turkey + flavorings - added flavor ($3 per pound + $1.25 in pantry items)
Cream (worth it)
Asiago (flavor of the month-club)
I used the broiler device my Grandma W gave me. And the Re-Upholstered Pan I talked about back in May.

Cooksontheway!

No comments:

Post a Comment