Monday, June 23, 2014

Sketti. Spaghetti.

Quick tale for a quick bite to eat for lunch. When I was in the 1st grade, I tried out for TBall. Everyone made the team. I was the only girl, and I had no one to talk to sitting on the bench - something about cooties? I dunno. Anyways, my team was named The Padres. My best friend (my fam calls her Gravy) played soccer. I chose T-Ball instead. My number on my uniform was 56. I'll never forget.

Some parents would bring us slushies that came in plastic, squeezable tubes & sometimes fruit roll ups or other fun sour straw candy. The end of the game was always my favorite part. 'Warm up' before each game (by playing catch) was the worst. I couldn't catch a ball to save my life. I quit the next year. 
 
 
Gather familiar flavors
 
this is a pasta dish with pre-made pasta
 
twirly
 
fact. I don't really enjoy pasta or spaghetti - It's just blah.
 
I'll eat it though. I'm not picky. This pic shows how to "air rate" premade pasta by hand. It's highly technical and terribly unsophisticated. Do what you gotta do.
 
I bought pre-shredded Asiago at the commissary against my better will and judgement. Jason is always rushing me when we're grocery shopping. Also - is it judgment or judgement? Who cares.
 
sprinkle.
 
hand cloud. making it raaaaain
 
 
white pepper is muskier. I was going for a "carbonara" approach - so went along with those learned recipe guidelines
 
turn away Mom and Aunt Mar. I'm about to separate and EAT a raw egg by hand.
 
 
how I separate my egg yolks from its white sometimes. If I were wanting to save the white or membrane thing - obviously I would do the same procedure, just over a bowl to catch
 
Hello darling
 
 
I usually fork - but you know what they say: In a pinch
 
ULTIMATE PUNCH! (Hot Rod. It's a movie.)
 
The end!
 
Can you spot what's different?

No comments:

Post a Comment