Saturday, June 7, 2014

Beer Butt Chicken Picts

Bout done
 
done. looks good enough to eat
 
set over a cutting board lined with foil to catch any drippage. also helps with easy clean up
 
notice I have a plate all ready to go. the shot glass measured out Kraken. It's a spiced rum that's my fave. I used some in the sauce.
 
cut out the back bone. reserve tho! we'll get to that part later
 
rest breast side down
 
 
 
weird angle. grab the drumstick. time to carve and cut.
 
trying to show where to scissor. it's hard to get a decent/detailed pic using 2 hands covered in chicken grease and snapping photos with your iPhone.
 
did my best.
 
right side

same procedure. different picture.

wing clipping
 
notice I put the cut thighs on the cutting board underneath. Pretty nifty, aye?
 
get in there
 
cut the joint
 
 
side view
 
the breast is yet to come (punny!)
 
I think I was a little tired at this point. Time for a cook's treat.
 
looks yucky, huh?
 
there's a buried treasure, always.
 
flip over
 
time to strip
 
wait for it
 
taaaa-daaaa! The oysters!
 
 
 
 

weird shot

nomnomnomnomnomnomnom - btw, why do people say nom nom? I don't sound like that at all when I eat. Back to the onomatopoeia drawing board.  


hello. looks like a mini alien. sort've

slice down

use brute force. a clever would have come in handy at this point. I don't have one tho. (looks down at the ground ashamed)

PERFECTLY spit roasted beer but chicken. GOD I'm good! (and humble. staaaay humble)

Jason's plate

HI JASON! Nike. Just do it. Hey do it. do it.

my plate.

mine

oh mine

all mine. AAAAHHhhhHHhHHhLLLL Mine. (beats chest like Tarzan)

Jason's Plate: Chicken, Cheese, a lime to squeeze, a roll, and deviled eggs
My Plate: Chicken wings, red leaf lettuce, Asian slaw, and some thick barbe-ku-ee mustardy peanut-ee dipping sauce. I can't remember how I made the Asian slaw exactly - but it's loosely based off of the Japanese Steakhouse Dressing recipe that's in the book: joy of Cooking. It has blended carrot, celery, onion, rice vinegar, ketchup and brown sugar - and 1/2C veg oil. I think I added white pepper and fresh ginger to my version that day.

Left-overs were turned into more lettuce wraps (glass noodles would have been fantastic - but I didn't have any) Chicken Salad, bbq chicken sliders, and then I think the last of it I made into a salad.

Chopped peanuts, honey roasted cashews, fresh pineapple, and wasabi-esk flavors would all have been great pairings with this particular chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment