Monday, June 30, 2014

An Involved Lunch

Same subject of soup for lunch. This was when I made an "Italianish" Wedding Soup. To me this means: Meatballs, broth, a dark leafy green, annnnd whatever else I feel like adding. Keep it streamlined though. Simplier the better sometime.
 
Wedding Soup Makings
 
what's different?
 
breaking down a bird for stock and the week
 
browning = added flavor
Searing/Rendering down any fat is totally optional
 
 
obviously I was just rendering fat and using the soup pot as a trash bin for my stock trimmings
 
reservations look alike
 
the beginning of a beautiful marriage
 
intermission. cue elevator song(s)
 
premade provisions
 
LEGGO!
 
 
 
sand need be avoided
 
love bird friends
 
squeeze lemon juice and give a rub with the lemon skin for flavor and slight wiltedge.
This could also be viewed as making holy in some religions or cultures
I wouldn't know.
I'm stupid like that.
 
 
rolling boil with the vedge, meatballs, and stock obviously
 
nighty-night
 
go to sleep
 
add vinegar or a spritz of lemon to liven up and cut the iron in the spinach
 
finishing touches this time
 
serve piping hot in a bowl
 
remix!
 
or a coffee cup. It's whatevs

No comments:

Post a Comment