Saturday, August 30, 2014

Chilaquiles morphed into Chicken Tortilla Soup

Chilaquiles - "chee-lah-KEE-lays" - Translated: Very good hangover food.

What happens when you're fresh outt've queso fresco? You adapt. That's what.

This particular morning back in June (29th to be exact), I was definitely feeling the effects of a fun Saturday night come Sunday morning. (I use the term "fun" very loosely. I keep it loose as a goose, usually. This particular said Saturday night was no exception) Anyways, allow me to set the scene.

I woke up. I was hungover. I had chilaquiles on the brain and by the end of the morning, I had a chicken tortilla soup of sorts in my belly. Maybe I'll blog someday about a "proper" chilaquiles cooked in my kitchen. Maybe not. Mysteries - Keeping life exciting & new.

Yellow Corn Bagged Tortilla Chips. Costs $1
 
1/4Cup Herdez (favorite) Tomatillo Salsa mixed with 1 1/2Cups Homemade Chicken Stock
 
Pulled white chicken breast meat and shredded extra sharp White Vermont cheddar (Cracker Barrel) atop the chips
 
doused in ladled broth. garnished with chopped avocado and plenty of raw onion
 
went back for seconds. no more avo but added chopped jalapeno. gettin' sweatin' or something or other
 

No comments:

Post a Comment