Sunday, August 24, 2014

Cast Iron Chicken

Ingredients:
Chicken
Salt

Directions:
Gut, Trim, Rinse, and Dry the Chicken (optional: scrub chicken inside and out with salt, and then rinse and dry - when and if salt is available to spare)

Render Chicken Fat

Sear, Baste, Flip, repeat at least 8x over the course of 25min.

Remove from heat of pan for at least 10min.
 
my means of a chicken set-up to air dry. I'm creative.
Proof: a "hair" dryer is multifaceted
unintentional risqué photo taken. intentional explicit material added to this post.
set a pan over high heat. I used leftover,-salted Crisco Vegetable Oil. I used the same cast iron pan I slovenly left out on my stove with the said leftover oil from a previous time of cooking. If you MUST know. 
Bottom left: Rendered schmaltz from this chicken's trimmings. Right: 1st look at the 1st flip. Check out that skin. Top right: Action shot of a flip.
basting
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Fun Game Time: Guess which plate is mine and which plate is Jason's.
Reference(s)

Suffering Succotash

I hear good things about Keller. Anthony Bourdain is one of my favorite writers and TV Show hosts. Check out Kitchen Confidential (the TV series and book)

No comments:

Post a Comment