Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sausage Balls

How have I managed to go this long w/o posting a Sausage Ball recipe? Someone slap me across the face and call me Sally.

Ingredients:
1/2lb Jimmy Dean Sausage
1C Bisquick
2C Shredded 4-Cheese Blend

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350'F. Oil a baking sheeet. Microwave sausage for 10seconds. Add sausage to a bowl with Bisquick and cheese. Mix until completely combined. Form into balls. Bake for 10min. Flip. Bake 10min. Done.


Preheat oven to 350'F. Oil a baking sheet. (I lined a pizza pan with foil because I don't own a baking sheet)


Snip the metal end off the sausage's packaging.


Slice in half and microwave for 10seconds. Microwaving not only takes the chill off of the meat (which aids in easier mixing) but mainly because I told you so. So do it.


Add the sausage, Bisquick, and cheese to a bowl.





Distribute the meat throughout the mixture. Don't worry about over working/mixing like you would a meatloaf or meatball.



During the mix-age, there will come a time when you'll think: "I should add some milk to this. No, wait. I'll add beer. Beer would be better. No, that probably wouldn't make too much of a difference. Maybe I'll add water. Nope. I'm adding some milk."

I mean, maybe not all of that. But, you might get impatient and be tempted to add something else to aid in the mixing/combining of everything. Don't do that. Just continue mixing.


You'll get there. (yay! have a small celebration or a pat on the back) 


Pinch off a small-ish piece and form into a golf-ball sized balls.





Add to the oiled baking sheet.


And continue.



Bake for 10 min.


Flip. Bake for another 10min.


Done.


Serving suggestions: Mustard, relish, or gravy 
Perfect for: Snacks, brunch, or (my particular favorite) Christmas Morning w/my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment