Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pea Soup

(Fun fact: I've been meaning to publish this blog since May, 7, 2012. That's the date of the last edit. Today is the day! Anything underlined is what I've written/added today, February 17, 2015.)

I wasn't going to bother blogging about this soup, but I genuinely love it. It's what I cook. This is my blog. If I can't talk about it here, then where can I?!

This "recipe" came to be because I had to try Nigella Lawson's recipe called "Slime Soup." Click HERE for Nigella's recipe. Even though I never did spend the money or bother buying fresh mozzarella as called for, I became obsessed with this soup. I think I ate it (at least) once a day for months. I mean, I really couldn't get enough of it. 

My recipe is as follows:

Ingredients:
4C Water
1Tbl Better than chicken bouillon

1lb. Frozen Peas
1 Idaho Potato
1 Onion
2 Scallions aka Green Onions

Salt & Pepper


Provolone Cheese

Directions:
Peel and dice russet potato. Dice onion and chop scallion. Add to a soup pot with water and bouillon. Bring to a boil and boil for 10min. Add peas. Bring back to a boil, switch off the heat. Transfer the pot's contents into a blender. Remove the blender's top's insert and cover with a towel. Blend until smooth. Ladle and top with provolone cheese.








Pour into a small coffee cup or small bowl. Top with as much cheese as you please.

**the green onions are crucial. Here are some more recent pictures.
 
I prefer using white pepper in this recipe. Nigella turned me on to its musky warmth. Try it. You might like it.
 
 
one of my fave soup bowls. See the chip?
 

as you can see I got a new blender since then. Christmas 2013?
 
 
 
Pea Soup Love

2 comments: