Friday, April 22, 2011

Deviled Eggs

Sounds easy. Is easy. Makes your kitchen smell like fart, so open a window. Unless you like fart smells.

Boil Eggs
Peel Eggs
Cut length wise

S&P your whites.

Mush yolks with:
Mayo
Mustard
Dash or 2 of celery salt

Scoop back into the egg whites
Dust with Paprika


(My thoughts about the afformentioned Deviled Eggs recipe. Along with a few pictures. That's right. I photo my food.)
Boil Eggs

Since everyone seems to have their own rituals of making sure the egg yolk doesn't turn shades of gray or green, I'm just gonna let you do your thing and keep out of it.  ...Oh kay, Oh kay... It's also because I'm not sure of any fool proof way. But in my defense! I think deep down inside everyone is always looking for the answer to a perfectly boiled egg. Just put it away in your Unsolved Mysteries file and give it your best shot. 

Peel

I am a believer that rinsing the eggs with cold water (after boiled) will aid in the peelage of the shell. Something to remember: The fresher the egg, the harder to peel.
Aware this recipe is for 6 servings. But I threw in an extra egg because I can do that.
Dry with a paper towel should be a no-brainer. But just in case you've misplaced your brain while making these bad boys, consider it a one time reminder.
Cut length wise

Mugshot
S&P your whites.

S&P is short for salt and pepper, if you didn't know.

Mush yolks with:

A fork & a spatula to scrape the bowl.

Mayo

I religiously use Hellmans. I tend to use 1/4c for every six yolks.

Mustard

It's usually always a couple of squirts. 3 if I'm feeling like I need a little extra mustard in my life that day.

Dash or 2 of celery salt
2 teaspoon like amounts of mustard @ 10 & 11 o'clock

Mushed













Scoop back into the egg whites

Dust with Paprika

Voila



Shout out to my Mom for the Handy Dandy deviled egg mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment